The Idaho State Independent Living Council (SILC) was established in 1993 under the 1992 amendments of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Council members are volunteers who are appointed by the Governor. Members include regional representatives who have disabilities and representatives from the Centers for Independent Living, and from state agencies and nonprofits that provide services to Idahoans with disabilities.
The Council consists of 17-23 members, including four ex-officio members. A majority of the members are people with disabilities who are not employed by a Centers for Independent Living or a state agency. The Council is controlled and directed by Idahoans with disabilities.
- Angela MacDonald (Chair and Executive Committee Chair)
- Shiloh Blackburn (Vice Chair and Policy Committee Chair)
- Denise Myler (Membership and Outreach Chair)
- Molly Pollastrini (Planning Chair)
- Tara Marie Adams
- Sean Burlile
- Candy Harris
- Maxwell Hudson
- Erik Kimes
- Jeremy Maxand (CIL Director)
Ex-Officio (Non-voting) Members
- Steve Achabal, Idaho Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Alan Aamodt, Idaho Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Beth Kriete, Idaho Department of Health and Welfare, Bureau of Long-Term Care
- Erin Olsen, Idaho Commission on Aging
The Council meets quarterly with meeting dates prescheduled during our summer meeting. All meetings are open to the public. The Council values your input and welcomes your participation. To request accommodations for one of our meetings, please contact the SILC two weeks prior to the meeting you plan to attend.
Note: All materials for distribution to Council members must be made available in accessible formats. Materials may be submitted to the SILC office and will be distributed to members only after accessible formats have been developed. Should you need assistance in acquiring alternative formats, please contact the SILC office.